Applications for the next batch open on February 2022.
Application period Batch #15:
August 09 – September 19, 2021
Pre-discussions with potential candidates:
End October – Mid November 2021
Final Pitch events:
Until end of November 2021
Communication of decision to applicants:
Early December 2021
Kick-off Batch #15:
Mid January 2022
Why should you apply? Our Program Highlights:
Intensive Coaching and Mentoring
By seasoned serial entrepreneurs, tech experts, business angels, venture capitalists and experienced industry professionals
Access to Corporate Partners
such as CLAAS, Datev, HP Tech Ventures, Knorr-Bremse, and Miele.
Free office Space and Support
We provide office space in the heart of Munich where our team is working hard to support you on all matters of your business.
Access to our High-Tech Workshop
In our 1500m2 high-tech workshop “maker space” you have access to more than 100 machines and can build your prototypes.
To pitch at our final event, the Demo Day
attended by 250+ VCs, business angels, corporate representatives, successful founders and press members.
What kind of startups are we looking for?
Globally, with focus on Europe, US, and Israel
Please check out our Corporate Partners and their search fields below
All industries as long as there is a fit with the search fields
Seed, Series A
driven, curious, and humble founders with a big vision!
Batch #15 Corporate Partners & Search Fields
CLAAS is a family business founded in 1913 and is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of agricultural engineering equipment. The company, with corporate headquarters in Harsewinkel, Germany, is the European market leader in combine harvesters. CLAAS is the world leader in another large product group, self-propelled forage harvesters.
The CLAAS product portfolio also includes state-of-the-art farming information technology. CLAAS employs 11,400 workers worldwide and reported a turnover of 4.04 billion euros in the 2020 financial year.
Find out more about CLAAS (claas.de).
For Batch#15 CLAAS is looking for startups in the following fields:
Innovative Human-Machine-Interaction for Mobile Machines in Agriculture
• Alternatives to display units (e.g., display foils)
• Alternatives to touch and hard key inputs
• Driver behavior detection & interpretation
• Communication solutions for interaction of workers in- and outside the cabin
DATEV is a software developer and IT service provider for tax consultants, auditors, and attorneys, as well as their clients. In addition to our members, our clients include companies, municipalities and institutions.
The cooperative’s range of products and services encompasses the fields of accounting, personnel management, business consulting, taxes, enterprise resource planning (ERP), IT services, IT security, and training and consultancy. DATEV was founded in 1966 and today is one of Europe’s largest information service providers and software development companies.
Find out more about the company: www.datev.de
For Batch#15 Datev is looking for startups in the following fields:
Computer-Based Advices For User Behavior Optimization
• Qualitative data and text analysis of complex, unstructured data sets
• Automated, algorithm-driven data mining and decision-making
• Deficiency analysis & individual learning offers based on user behavior
Corporate Sustainability Assesment
• Sustainability assessment for financing & supply chains
• Non-financial sustainability indicator analysis solutions
• Evaluation tools for corporate sustainability assessment
Tracking & Emotion Detection
• Sentiment detection of software users through mouse, face and eye tracking
• Software & hardware solutions for user behavior analytics
• Employee mental health tracking solutions
As HP’s corporate venture arm, HP Tech Ventures is helping to foster an ecosystem of innovation and reinvention that will define tomorrow’s world and experiences, through strategic partnerships and investments in disruptive technology areas.
HP Tech Ventures offers more than 75 years of experience in innovation and technology, backed by more than 18,000 global patents, to entrepreneurs around the globe. As part of a Fortune 100 company with world-class technology, one of the world’s largest channel and distribution partner networks, and a vast global manufacturing and supply chain, HP Tech Ventures is uniquely positioned to help their portfolio companies gain a foothold and scale quickly.
Find out more about the company: www.hptechventures.com
For Batch#15 HP Tech Ventures is looking for startups in the following fields:
Molded Fiber Technologies
• Molded Fiber (MF) designs and components that could be used in bottles/containers
• Applications using MF processes to produce innovative sustainable products (i.e., textiles, clothing,
sustainable packaging, etc.)
• MF companies that leverage 3D printing for tooling
• Unique MF process research for high efficiency/production
3D Printed High Value Applications
• Personalized medical devices/implants manufactured using 3D printing
• 3D printed high value fluidic components
• Innovative digital workflows and designs to create/optimize the 3D printable geometries
Knorr-Bremse is the global market leader for braking systems and a leading supplier of other safety-critical rail and commercial vehicle subsystems. (Link to company overview and product portfolio) Knorr-Bremse delivers braking, entrance, control and auxiliary power supply systems, HVAC and driver assistance systems for rail vehicles, as well as braking, steering, powertrain and transmission control solutions, and driver assistance systems for commercial vehicles.
Approximately 29,000 employees at over 100 sites in more than 30 countries use their competence and motivation to satisfy customers worldwide with products and services. In 2017, Knorr-Bremse’s two divisions together generated revenues of EUR 6.9 billion (IFRS).
Find out more about the company: www.knorr-bremse.com
For Batch#15 Knorr-Bremse is looking for startups in the following fields:
E-Mobility & Electrification
For commercial vehicles & trucks
• Electrification of actuators and auxiliaries
• Supporting solutions for the Balance of Plant (BoP)
• High-flow, low-pressure compressors for fuel cells
• Battery Management Systems
IoT & Edge Data Handling
For rail and commercial vehicles
• Data collection, processing, storage, and transfer at the edge
• Cybersecure integration of IoT devices
• IoT device authentication and secure communication
• Rugged wireless sensors for harsh environments
Low Emission Friction Brake
For truck, trailers & rail
• Low emission braking systems
• Advanced friction pairing for reduced particles generation
• Measurement systems for brake dust particles
• Filtering/Capturing solutions for emission particles
Networks & Cybersecurity
• Monitoring of switched Ethernet traffic incl. non-reactive intrusion detection
• Cybersecure over-the-air updates
• Time-sensitive network technologies for railway
Pattern Recognition & Sensor Technologies
For rail and commercial vehicles
• Driver awareness/attention monitoring
• Occupancy & passenger flow monitoring
• Collision warning/prediction systems for urban rail vehicles
• Acoustic fault detection and predictive maintenance
Prognostic & Health Management
For Commercial Vehicles
• Solutions for reduced breakdown probabilities
• Active warning of operationally critical vehicle errors
• Solutions for digitizing inspection processes
• Lifetime prediction for commercial vehicle components
Miele & Cie. KG is the world’s leading supplier of premium home appliances for kitchen, laundry and floor care. In addition, Miele Professional offers laundry care, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization solutions for commercial and medical applications. All product offerings are complemented by services – from customer service and cooperation to a wide range of innovation fields in the areas of product/services, market access/customer contact and creation of the value chain.
During the business year 2020, which ended on 31 December 2020 the company achieved a sales volume of €4.5 billion. At present, Miele is represented in 47 countries by company-owned sales organisations and in about 50 additional countries via importers. Miele has been an independent family-owned company since its establishment in 1899.
Find out more about the company: www.miele.com
For Batch#15 Miele is looking for startups in the following fields:
Alternative Solutions for Cleaning Clothes
• Sustainable cleaning methods
• Solutions for waterless/detergent-free washing
• Molecular textiles, cleaning, or sanitation solutions
• Energy efficient washing & cleaning processes
Digital & Hygienic Solutions for Dental & Medical Practices
• Hygiene detection methods & products
• Sterile Supply Management / Sterile Supply Workflow
• Solutions for tracking and tracing of surgical instruments
• Automated documentation technologies/tools
Digital Operation Technologies
• Collaborative robotics for logistics & manufacturing
• AI-based quality checks & maintenance
• Solutions to optimize the productivity in manufacturing, assembly, and logistics
• Solutions to enable tracking & localization of equipment
Personalized Nutrition & Health Data
• Solutions to individualize food recommendations based on individual health
• Personalized nutrition tracking & interpretation
• Health data acquisition & management
• Personalized nutrition plans and tailored coaching
Innovative Battery Technologies
• Sustainable battery solutions
• Intelligent battery analytics, diagnostics, and control
• Efficient & fast charging batteries
• New energy storage solutions